A new kitchen sink is really functional and adds freshness to kitchen but how to install kitchen sink is the main question. The guidelines to install kitchen sink yourself given here will help you to do it yourself.
- Silicone sealant
- Strainer set
- Plumber’s putty
- Crescent wrench
- Water pump pliers
- Putty knife
- Damp cloth
Steps to install kitchen sink
- First, close the water supply valve. Drain all water through faucet. Then turn off kitchen electricity supplier.
- Disconnect existing faucet from supply lines using a crescent wrench. Then disconnect sink from drainpipe by water pump pliers.
- Detach the ring of sink garbage disposal. Also remove disposal mounting bracket from the sink drain.
- Loosen the clamp screws under the sink and by inserting putty knife lift out existing sink.
- It’s time to place the new sink. Install the faucet on new sink and follow sink installation instructions.
- Apply silicone sealant on top edge of countertop opening and set the sink in place. Press its edges.
- Using damp cloth, wipe away excess sealant from the sink and the countertop. Allow it to set till 30 minutes.
- Place the drain holes by applying plumber’s putty underside the each strainer flange.
- Attach each strainer gasket to a strainer flange under the sink. Attach drainpipes to the strainers and tight the nuts.
- Reattach the garbage disposal to sink flange, insert its drainpipe and switch on the power cord.
- Connect faucet to the water lines and let the water flow in to check water leaks.
- Tight all fittings as if needed.