- 2 egg whites
- 100g brown sugar
- ½ tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g dark chocolate
- 80g dates chopped
- 80g roasted hazelnuts, skins removed
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 120C. Place the dates, chocolate and hazelnuts into a food processor and process to large crumbs.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1 tbsp sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves (3 mins). Add remaining sugar a little at a time until all sugar is incorporated and the mixture is glossy.
- Add corn flour and vanilla and beat until combined. Gently stir in the date, nut, chocolate crumbs. Spoon the mix onto lined trays making each biscuit about 5cm wide.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until dry and crisp. Allow to cool then dust with icing sugar when serving. These biscuits will store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Now enjoy the delicious and crispy biscuits with the crunch of dates, chocolate and hazelnuts.