Fifty percent of voters believe it is “likely” Vice President Kamala Harris will become the president before President Joe Biden ends his four-year term, a McLaughlin & Associates poll released Friday showed.
The poll asked respondents, “Joe Biden was 78 years old when he was sworn in and will be 82 at the end of his term. How likely is it that Vice-President Kamala Harris will be president before the end of Joe Biden’s 4-Year term?”
In contrast to 40% who believed it was doubtful, 50% said those chances are likely. 10% opted not to respond.
In addition, the poll showed that Harris would receive only 5% of the vote if the 2024 election were held today. She came fourth overall in the poll, while Biden received 23% of the vote. That percentage rose to 13% if Biden did not seek reelection, but she would still be behind Michelle Obama by 6 points, as per reported by BREITBART.
Respondents were also asked if Biden ought to take a cognitive test in the poll. Voters were split 48 percent to 30 percent on whether or not Biden should take and make the results of a cognitive health test public. 18% of the respondents declined to respond.
Voters’ doubts about Biden’s health are related to the president’s revelation to the press that he gets directions on notecards on how to conduct himself as commander in chief.
“YOU enter the Roosevelt Room and say hello to the participants,” a note card instructed Biden on Thursday. “YOU take YOUR seat.”
A Harris poll conducted in April found that the majority of respondents thought Biden lacked the mental capacity to serve as president. He is too elderly to be president, according to 62% of voters. 53 percent of those polled admitted to having “doubts” about their mental capacity.
From June 17 to 22, 1,000 voters were included in the McLaughlin poll. There was no error bar provided.