Summer season is a great time for getting in shape and achieving targets for outdoor workouts. It can be done by playing a sport, a yoga exercise routine, hiking; bicycling or just simple walk by the beach. But it can be threatening as well due to the scorching heat trying its best to destroy your plans for summer workout.
Thus begin summer exercise by the following ways:
Consult Your Physician
Always consult specialist or doctor before beginning or changing your exercise routine for effective results.
Take Your Workout Indoors
In summer you will suffer from dehydration. Extreme heat and humidity can alter your circulation by making breathing more difficult. You can carry hydration packs during summer workouts. It is important to drink plenty of water, even before you feel thirsty.
Have Outdoor Activities
It’s important to regulate your summer exercise program to help avoid the added complications that can occur due to higher temperatures. Summer is the perfect time to go outside and have fun. It’s one of the favorite times of year because there are so many outdoor activities to choose from. Everything is more fun outside, whether you’re hiking, cycling or just mere walking.
- The time of day is important. Early morning is the finest time to workout, especially if it’s going to be scorcher that day.
- Wear loose, light-colored. Any light or cotton material will help the evaporation of sweat.
- Sunscreen is a must. Use SPF 45 just to be safe. It’s important to protect your skin. You can get burned and suffer sun damage to your skin even on cloudy days.
- Stay hydrated. Before you go out, drink a glass or two of water. Carry a bottle of water or even a hydration pack such as the CamelBak.
- Reload your electrolyte and salt intake while exercising. You can use simple packs of sodium that are helpful for keeping the system in check.
- If you can, choose shaded trails or pathways that keep you out of the scorched sun.
- Check the weather forecast before you start your workout. If there’s a heat advisory, meaning high ozone and air pollution, you might want to take your workout indoors.
The excessive heat and humidity make it more difficult for your body to stay cool so it’s important to avoid working out for long periods at a time.
There are as many excuses not to workout as there are hours in the day, there are issues of having a severe sun tan but there are solutions to every problem.