1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 cups orange juice
2 cups cranberries
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg + 1 large egg white
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp grated orange zest
- Use a non-reactive saucepan to prepare the sauce.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and orange juice together until smooth then add the cranberries. Let it come to a boil and lower heat to moderate-low settings.
- Stir from time to time as it simmers for about 15 minutes or until the sauce becomes slightly thick and the cranberries popped. Set aside maintaining heat.
- For the pancakes, sift flour together with baking powder, baking soda and salt over a sheet of waxed paper. Contain ricotta cheese, buttermilk, egg, egg white, sugar and zest in a blender, processing until smooth. Transfer into a large bowl and beat in the flour mixture.
- For cooking, use cooking spray to cook a non-stick griddle. Set heat to moderate heat. Spoon about ¼ cup of batter into the griddle and cook for about 2 minutes for each side or until evenly golden brown in color.
- Serve and enjoy with warm sauce.