Enjoy the fat free treat to fill your appetite with this Coconut Fish Stew recipe, It is packed with loads of vitamins and nutrition for all health conscious people.
- 1 1/3 cups white rice
- 4 silverbeet leaves, trimmed, chopped
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt whole tomatoes, drained
- 600g firm white fish fillets, cut into large pieces
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
Step 1 Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place silverbeet and a little water into a large frying pan over low heat. Cover and steam for 4 minutes (add extra water if leaves get dry).
Step 3 Add coconut milk, 1/2 cup water and onion to pan. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 4 Cut tomatoes in half. Add tomatoes and fish to pan. Make sure liquid covers fish. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, until fish is cooked.
Step 5 Garnish stew with chopped parsley and serve with rice and lemon quarters.